Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Shopping, Planning, and Decorating

Well, I had quite a successful weekend! My family and I headed down to Cheyenne and Denver.... aka "Mommy's shopping trip" I was so excited to have a little alone time and enjoy some of my favorite stores while the kiddos spent qualitItalicy time with their Daddy! So here's what I found, bought and what I plan on doing with it all........


I stopped at Barnes and Noble for a little inspiration! Boy, did I find it! I will blog about that later! But here's the book and magazines I got it from!

While in Denver I stopped by Pottery Barn! I was so excited to get some help from their "in store designer"! That was a joke! I brought my curtain fabric, wall colors, and pictures of my living/dining room the way they are now. I think I might have expected too much, but I went in that store hoping that I would find a little help and someone to tell me that I was on track! Instead, I met a snobby lady who seemed to really like my fabric, but she was very negative about being able to help me find accessories and seemed to have no idea about how I could pull my space together. So even though she was stinkin it up big time.... I'm not going to let that stop me! Nope I am just going to keep my own personal designer in my head, "Shelley" from House of Smiths (http://houseofsmiths.blogspot.com/) Unfortunately, I don't have the eye or talent she does, but I am working on it! So here's what I am doing....... making curtains like the ones below out of flax linen and stripes out of my other curtain fabric. It may change a little bit but should look something like this!


Fortunately, my trip to PB wasn't a total loss..... I did find quite a few things! I also found some great things at Pottery Barn Kids, Hobby Lobby, Target, and Sam's Club.

I have been lookin for some big cream pillows and before I made some I thought I would look for something bright yet cozy in PB. Yep, I found them! Look at these lovelies! They are comfy and cuddly and super cute!



I got that wreath and I will be making a centerpiece with it! Those cute pumpkins are the girls Halloween baskets..... there's also white basket that will be lined with a cute seasonal liner and filled with candy and pumpkins!



I made a lovely stop at Hobby Lobby and found some red plaid fabric, black rosettes, and red feathers. I'm hoping I can pull them all together and make a great flower pin for our family pictures!



These fun picture mats came from PB Kids. I wanted to added some more color to Miss Tea's room since it's primarily pink and white.



These great bushes are going to have something to do with the making of a front door extravaganza... ha ha ha!
The foam wreath and black feather boas will hopefully turn out to be a great Halloween wreath.




And last but certainly not least this bag of pine cones smells like fall and though I haven't figured out just where I am going to put them they were just toooo good to pass up! There is also a pretty dish towel from William and Sonoma (on sale yay!) just thought it would be pretty for my kitchen!














No comments:

Post a Comment